Interview With Jake Wardle - Who's behind the English secret at Twin Peaks?

Hello. Here's the promised Christmas gift. I am grateful that the first person who agreed to give me an interview is very nice Jake Wardle. He will stay with me for the rest of my life. It also allows me to open a new chapter in my career. Thank you. By the way, we return to Twin Peaks.

IMSR: How did you meet master David Lynch?
JAKE WARDLE:. I met David Lynch after he saw my first accent video on YouTube 'The English Language in 24 Accents' He loved it so much that he wanted me to be in one of his projects. He got executive producer Sabrina Sutherland to get in touch with me by sending me a message on my YouTube channel. She then set up a Skype with him. We communicated on Skype for three years discussing a potential project he had in mind for me. This project ended up being the new Twin Peaks and it all went from there. 


IMSR: Have you been a Twin Peaks or David Lynch fan before you got a role in the series?

JW: I had seen and loved David Lynch's 'The Elephant Man' twice before he got in touch with me. After he got in touch with me, I watched some of his other films Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Lost Highway etc and became an even bigger fan (whilst still talking to him on Skype every 3 - 6 months or so). When he first told me I was going to be in the new Twin Peaks (he told me this in 2014), I had not seen it before so I immediately bought the boxset and Fire Walk With Me DVD and watched it all and became a fan. 


IMSR: You've mentioned your channel on You Tube. When did you discover the ease of voice acting?
JW: I had been mimicking accents since I was a young child (about age 6). It built up over time and then I became fluent in many of them. People started to notice and mainly my friends kept asking me what other ones I could do. I couldn't remember all of them from the top of my head so I decided to go through all of them and make a video. I had run a YouTube channel since 2007 and would upload random videos (mainly gaming and text to speech parodies) so I thought it would make an interesting addition to my other videos. I saw a few other accent videos on there too so this motivated me even more to have a go. Then, to my great shock it went viral.


IMSR: Is it your "destiny"? Or have you got other hobbies and interests? 
JW: Yes, I believe it was my destiny to make this video and get seen by David Lynch. My accent videos on YouTube have launched my whole acting and voiceover career. I have gotten separate voiceover work based solely on my YouTube videos. I do have other hobbies too such as playing video games and historical reenacting. 


IMSR: 27 Milion  (!) views on You Tube: it  must have been shock, wasn’t it?
JW: Yes to this day I still can't believe how many views my original video has attracted. I was shocked when I first uploaded it, that it got two million views in a week. I could have never imagined it would be so successful and lead to the opportunities it has led to. 


IMSR: In The goldtime of the Internet, that we are all on in diffrent ways, is there anything that scares you?
JW: When it comes to the internet, the main thing that scares me is how it is affecting the younger generation who have been on it since day one. It is a powerful and overwhelming tool and keeps getting bigger and bigger and becoming more and more a part of our lives. This is not a bad thing but for a young mind that is still developing it can have a negative effect if used irresponsibly. I don't think there is enough education on how to deal with some of the more unpleasant parts of the internet (cyber bullying, low self esteem due to comparing yourself to others online). This can all have a negative effect on mental health. I think schools need focus more educating the young to get the best of out of the internet instead of the worst.


IMSR: How do you get strength and courage?

JW: I get strength and courage from those around me but also from my my inner self. Positive thinking, patience, persistence and gratitude for what I already have help me to do this. 


IMSR: Have you got new commitments in your career? What's next after Twin Peaks?

JW: Right now I have no idea what is next. This is the life of an actor, we go from job to job with lots of time and uncertainty in between. Right now I'm auditioning for different things and working on my branding. I will keep auditioning and networking until another role comes.


IMSR: Finally, I have to ask for your musical and film recomendations? What do you listen to? What did you see last time?
JW: I listen to any music of any genre or time period as long as it has a nice tune. I think the new Twin Peaks soundtrack is amazing (and I'm not saying that just because I'm in it) I particularly like Au Revoire Simone 'Lark' a lot because I heard it once while I was on set and it stuck in my mind. 
One film I saw recently that I loved was 'Battle For Sevastapol' it's a Russian/Ukrainian World War Two film. I'm a military history geek so these kind of war films appeal to me.


Special Greetings from Jake:


Komentarze

Popularne posty